Stainless steel butterfly valves
Pokračujte výběrem podkategorie
Stainless steel butterfly valve, welded type S-S
Stainless steel butterfly valve, threaded type DIN male/male
Stainless steel butterfly valves, clamped type C-C
Stainless steel butterfly valves, threaded / welded type G-S
Stainless steel butterfly valves with sanitary union DIN 11851
Pneumatically operated butterfly valve, type C-C, G-S, S-S, G-G
Stainless steel butterfly valves, electrically operated, type C-C, G-S, S-S, G-G
Accessories of the stainless steel butterfly valves
Pneumatic actuator, single-acting and accessories
The direct stainless steel butterfly valves
are mainly used for the control and adjustment of the liquid flow rate. Due to
the usage material and their construction are mainly designed to be used in the
food and beverage industry, pharmaceutical, and chemical industries.
Butterfly Valves Properties:
- Standard: DIN
- Working pressure : 0–10 bar
- Type of connection: welded S-S, clamped C-C, threaded G-G and combination S-C, S-G, and C-G
- Material: Stainless steel 1.4301 (AISI 304)
- Maximum working temperature: –10 °C/120 °C (it depends on the type of seal)
- Sanitation temperature: 150 °C (max. 20min) for VMQ, 110 °C for EPDM
- Seal: EPDM,VMQ (silicon)
- Operation: manual, pneumatic actuator (pressure of 4–7 bar)
Most Common Areas of Butterfly Valves Applications:
Wineries, breweries, dairy industry, beverage industry, food processing, pharmaceuticals, etc.
In the case of welded type, it is necessary before the welding first dismantles the valve in order to prevent damage to the seal. We recommend checking whether are tightened normally during the several hours of the operation.
Characteristics of EPDM (ethylene-propylene) Gasket:
EPDM rubber is characterized by an exceptional resistance to aging,
ozone, ultraviolet rays, and
heat. With high resistance to permanent deformation.
- With high resistance to permanent deformation.
- Wide temperature range: –20 ° C to 135 ° C.
- Low water absorption, good moisture and vapor barrier, high resistance to polar liquids such as ketones, alcohols, acetic acid, strong and weak mineral acids.
Suitable applications of EPDM:
- For hot water
and steam applications (110 ° C continuously, shortly
135 ° C)
For acid (hydrochloric acid, nitric acid, and phosphoric acid)
For alkaline solutions (sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide)
Ozone (40 ° C, 1000 pphm)
CIP / SIP systems in continuous operation in the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries
Characteristics VMQ (silicone) Gaskets:
VMQ silicone rubbers work great in heat-intensive applications and, due to their purity, are particularly suitable for hygienic applications in the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industries. Due to its excellent physiological properties, silicone is a proven sealing material, especially for flap seals. Due to small volume changes of VMQ and due to its high elasticity, the damper works reliably until the end of its service life. VMQ is advantageous in food, beverage, and formulation applications for less aggressive media. It is necessary to point out the maximum limits with regard to mechanical strength and cleaning processes.
- Temperature range from –50 ° C to + 180 ° C
- Good resistance to synthetic, animal fats and vegetable oils, glycol, non-flammable hydraulic fluids, various solvents.
Suitable applications for VMQ:
- Processing of animal and vegetable fats, oils and waxes, essential oils.
- Applications with high-temperature ranges.
- VMQ is suitable for use in the CIP / SIP system for continuous operation in the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industries, with the exception of steam sterilization.
Warning: VMQ should not be used in concentrated acids (eg nitric acid, formic acid), concentrated oxidizing media (eg peracetic acid) or for water and vapors above 100 °C, esters and ethers, aromatic hydrocarbons (arenes)